Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Homemade - Edible Finger Paint


Perfect for Toddlers but Great for any age!

This Homemade Edible Paint can be used as finger paint or regular paint with a brush. It works great either way. It's also very good for toddlers since if they decide to taste the paint, it won't hurt them due to all the safe cooking ingredients. It's very simple to make and only takes about 10 minutes max! I made this for my daughters and they LOVED it. They had so much fun painting lots of pictures this afternoon before bed!!
Here are the directions, I took a few pictures also!!


1. Mix 2 Table-Spoons of Sugar and 1/3 Cup of Flour in a pot.


2. Add 2 Cups of water and Turn up the Heat.


3.Mix together until it starts to get thick.


4. Pour into Different Cups and Add colored drink mixes or Food Coloring until you get the shade you like.
*Mix Well!!*


*Let the paint cool off before you let your little ones stick their hands or brush in!!*


*I used Pre-Made Grape Kool-Aid Powder for the Purple, Tang for Yellow, Pink Lemonade Powder for Pink (my girls had me add some red food coloring later to make it hot pink), Food Coloring for the blue, and I Mixed Tang and Blue Food Coloring for the Green*




View and Purchase the list of supplies with the button below!
You can pick and choose the items you do and do not want to buy.



Here are a few pictures of my girls having fun with their paint!

Loran painting

Jade painting

Going after the paint at the same time :0)

Enjoying playing inside.... For once lol :0)


I hope you enjoyed the step-by-step directions and pictures on how to make Edible Paint for Kids of All Ages.

Interested in viewing more of the Crafts and DIY Projects on My Kind of Introduction? Visit the Crafts and DIY tap above, we have all kinds of cool activities and crafts to keep your kiddos busy for days!!


Written By:
Autumn B with Thru My Eyes Photography @ My Kind Of Introduction


Discount School Supply

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...