Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One of the Sexiest Men Alive is celebrating a birthday today!


Happy 37th Birthday Blake Shelton!!



10+ things you never knew about 
Blake Shelton!
(Some you may of known but they're still pretty cool to read about again!)
Referenced by TasteOfCountry.com

DID YOU KNOW??

Blake Shelton was born on June 18, 1976 in Oklahoma!


Jerry the Turkey - NOT Blake's Turkey

10.  Blake use to own a pet turkey, his name was Turkey! He died of a heat stroke in June 2003. (My brother's Paw owns a turkey named Jerry, he's been around for many years and is HUGE! - See Jerry in the photo above!)

9.  Blake Shelton was the first person to ever be invited to the Grand Ole Opry via Twitter. The tweet read : "@blakeshelton, you're invited to join the Grand Ole Opry. See you on 10/23/2010!" Shelton, being the active Twitter user he is, promptly responded, "Hmmm... Let me think... OK!!!!!!!!"




8.  What were Blake and Miranda's favorite wedding gifts? Their matching His and Her's Flasks and Shotguns of course!!!! They are both big fans of hunting and enjoy a nice cold drink every now and then!

7.  No running around barefoot for Shelton! What bother's Blake Shelton more than ever? When he see's someone very under-dressed in a formal setting! Blake also believes that artists need to cover up their "Stinkin' Nasty Feet" in upcoming music videos! I guess we won't be hearing a Shelton version of "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem!"

(You can see some of Blake's tattoo on his left arm)

6.  Who has the worse tattoo in Country Music? According to Blake Shelton, he does! What's suppose to be deer tracks, that he designed himself... Blake often gets asked What the "ladybugs on his arm", mean to him! (Blake later added the barbed-wire to make his tattoo more "manly"!)

5.  The scariest thing Blake has ever received from a fan was a live iguana in a paper sack! -- Quoted from TasteOfCountry -- "We were playing a fair, and a few people were handing me stuffed animals and flowers, but one person handed me a paper sack," Shelton told the Boot back in 2008. "So I took all the stuff back to the bus. I put the sack in my lap and opened it, and a live iguana jumped out of the sack and onto my shirt. I screamed like a little girl! I think it took a year off my life -- it scared the crap out of me."


4.  Blake has no shame when someone mentions his old-school Mullet hair style that he use to rock in the 90s! He once said "I know it looks like crap, but it is just more fun to me to irritate people than cut my hair to satisfy them!" - If you ask me... Blake Shelton makes even the mullet look sexy!


3.  When Blake Shelton got named "One of the Sexiest Men Alive" by People Magazine, his mama was more happier than he was! As a hair-dresser in Oklahoma, Blake's mom was sure to cut out the magazine page displaying her son and tape it to her mirror for everyone to see!

2.  At the age of 17, Blake Shelton moved to Nashville to become a Country Music Star. He says it's the craziest thing he's ever done but luckily it worked out very well for him!

Young Blake Shelton

1.  Blake was a pageant child!!! Blake once said -- "My mom entered me into a pageant [when I was 6 or 7 years old]. I still don't know why and it's still the worst experience of my life, being in a pageant," Shelton told CMT. "She put me in like two or three in a row there. And I remember singing 'Cat Scratch Fever' by Ted Nugent, and 'Old Time Rock 'n' Roll' by Bob Seger -- [they] were probably my two signature songs." - Just like TasteOfCountry... I too wonder what his costumes looked like! To Blake's mom: Please put video's on YouTube PLEASE!! ASAP!

A few extra facts......

**  What shoe brand does Blake Shelton dislike the most? Chuck Taylors! He's been known to make fun of them quiet a few times.

**  Do you know which song was Blake's 1st big hit?  "Austin" of course!!! (One of my all time favorite songs!) -- Which topped the charts for 5 weeks and tied with Billy Ray Cyrus' 1992 hit "Achy Breaky Heart" as the longest-running No. 1 song for a new male singer.

Blake and Kaynette (2001)
**  Miranda Lambert is NOT Blake's 1st wife! He's been married before but it ended in divorce! -- According to CountryMusic.about.com, Blake's exwife is Kaynette Williams (married 11/17/03) -- I have to day that Miranda and Blake look alot better together than him and his ex did... Just my opinion though!

** Who's a Country Gentleman? Blake is! He asked Miranda's dad for her hand in marriage before he popped the question to his, now, beautiful wife!

**  Blake Shelton's Favorite Color is...... BLUE!


Happy Birthday Blake!!!
I believe I'm about to head on over to YouTube and listen to me some "Austin"! You can never have enough Blake Shelton! I LOVE his music and his wife, Miranda Lambert, has always been a favorite of mine as well!

Comment Below to help me wish Blake Shelton a big Happy Birthday!!

Who's your favorite Country Music Star?




Sources: http://tasteofcountry.comhttp://voices.yahoo.comhttp://countrymusic.about.com
Photo Sources are from various sites - Found in Google Search

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...